I so love this time of the year! The early Spring months for me are always about tidying up my outdoors, simply put sweeping away the dreary days of Winter. I know, I know California 'Winters' are a joke, but still! I've been busy working on making the outside all pretty for Spring. I recently tackled a few Spring updates on my front porch and wanted to share my: 6 Ideas to Spruce up your Entry for Spring + my outdoor plans for our house for Spring.
- ONE: Give the outside of your home a good Spring Cleaning: Clean your front door, outdoor lighting and sweep your porch.
- TWO: Tame your garden hose with a modern garden hose holder. To keep my garden hose in place and not all over my lawn, I use a wrought iron garden hose holder.
- THREE: Flowers always create a friendly welcome, layer in flowers in both your garden beds and in containers sitting in your garden and hanging. To create a colorful front entry, I added flowers in containers to my garden bed that help fill area I'm unable to plant flowers in due all the pvc pipes from our sprinkler system.
- FOUR: Upgrade your mailbox! Boring mailboxes are a snooze fest. Instead of going with a basic boring mail box for my house, I went with envelope mailbox that is super fun. Every time I check my mail, I smile.
- FIVE: Create a fun hello for guests with a witty front door mat. Check out Esty for some fun versions, or DIY your own fun version using a basic Ikea doormat like this one
- SIX: Lastly, replace your ho-hum doorbell with a happy one. I replaced our basic boring doorbell that I loathed with a cute pineapple doorbell, read more about it here.
In addition to DIYing a funny doormat this Spring for our porch, we're finally adding shutters on our house. We had shutters before rebuilding our house and loved the classic look it gave our home, houses just feel extra sweet with shutters.
I kept going back and forth between no shutters and shutters, since we'll only be able to put shutters on one window, due the placement issues we didn't have before. I think the shutters will be a cute addition to our large living room window.
What Spring updates are you doing around your home? Needing some more outdoor ideas for your home? Hop over to these inspiring outdoor posts: Door Inspiration from Across the Pond, 6 Ideas to Create a Pretty Front Door, 6 Ideas to Add Curb Appeal to Garages, DIY Garden bed with Irrigation.